Definition of a “Crew Member”
A “Crew Member” is anyone who, without compensation or expectation of compensation beyond reimbursement, performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the Planet Provides. A crew member must be officially accepted and enrolled by the Planet Provides Crew Program prior to the performance of the task.
As a crew member for Planet Provides, you are a representative of the show. While you are executing duties for PPKC you will be expected to abide by the following rules:
As a volunteer:
1. I will conduct myself in a respectful manner, exhibit good conduct, and be a positive role model.
2. I will display respect and courtesy for other employees, volunteers, program participants, visitors, clients and property.
3. I will provide a safe environment by not harming anyone in any way, whether through discrimination, sexual harassment, physical force, verbal or mental abuse, neglect, or other harmful actions.
4. I will respect the privacy of persons served by the organization and hold in confidence sensitive, private and personal information.
5. I will adhere to any and all tasks assigned to me during my volunteer shifts.
6. I will work cooperatively as a team member with employees and other volunteers.
7. I will keep personal opinions and actions separate from those made as a representative of this organization.
8. I will avoid conduct, both on and off duty, which would jeopardize program effectiveness.
9. I will not use vulgar or inappropriate language.
10. I will not solicit gratuities, gifts or bequests for personal or professional benefit.
11. I will not use or be under the influence of illegal drugs.
12. I will not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or consume tobacco at the Show.
13. I will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
14. Respect the convention center and its staff. Do not knowingly engage in activities that could cause damage or harm to convention center property or staff. Do not engage in activities that could lead to theft of convention center property. Do not use convention center property as your own or loan it out to anyone without managerial approval.
15. Crew members are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while in uniform or while representing the show in any fashion. Inappropriate conduct could include, but is not limited to: inappropriate fraternization with guests of any kind, other crew members, PCKC staff, or attendees; exposure of PCKC to liabilities or endangering the safety or reputation of the show; exposing guests, PCKC staff, other crew members, or attendees to theft, damage, or harm.
Service at the Discretion of the Organization
I understand that Planet Provides accepts the service of all crew members with the understanding that such service is at the sole discretion of Planet Provides. I agree that either Planet Provides or Planet Comicon KC may at any time, for whatever reason, decide to terminate my relationship with the Show.
I understand that as a volunteer I am responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which I am exposed while serving as a crew member, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, other person, Planet Provides, Planet Comicon KC. I understand that failure to maintain confidentiality may result intermination of my relationship with either Planet Provides or Planet Comicon KC.
I grant and convey to Planet Provides and Planet Comicon KC all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Planet Provides or Planet Comicon in connection with my providing volunteer services with Planet Provides in support of the Show.